With this collection of applications, we tried to solve the problem of transferring files between smartphones, tablets, and PCs in different configurations. They all use different principles of data transfer, some via Bluetooth/Wifi, others via FTP and others via cloud storage. Choose the most convenient way for you.
Where to Share Your Files Securely?
All Windows operating systems have a built-in “Task Manager” process manager that allows you to forcefully stop the work of processes and programs. But its functionality is sometimes not enough. Users often encounter the fact that when they click the “End task” button (or when they press the “Delete” key) in the “Task Manager”, the process being stopped remains “hanging” in the computer’s memory.
Another drawback of the standard manager is the lack of a process detection function by an open window. And such a function would make it possible to effectively deal with programs that “do not want” to close (usually this refers to various adware/malware).
Take a look at the best apps to share files securely below:
- Process Explorer is one of the most famous managers with a large number of functions for managing running processes and obtaining all kinds of information about them. The program has two functions for forced termination of processes.
- SpiderOak ONE. This state of affairs is fraught with two problems. The first is that information transmitted through the tunnel can be intercepted by intruders. If it is confidential (bank card numbers, financial statements, personal information), then the threat of its compromise is quite real, which is already unpleasant in itself. Worse, attackers have the ability to modify the data transmitted through the tunnel so that the recipient cannot verify its validity.
- Egnyte. Also, the utility has the above-mentioned function of searching for a process by an open window or even a separate element of this window. If, for example, a window with some kind of advertisement appears on the desktop from time to time and cannot be closed, Process Explorer will help you find the responsible process.
What Can Lead to Decreasing of Sharing Your Files Securely?
During the operation of a computer, various changes occur in the system, leading to a decrease in its performance. For example:
- A large number of junk files accumulate on disks, as a result of which the access time to the data necessary for performing a particular task increases.
- User programs make changes to the system parameters many times, some of which may “contradict” each other, which can lead to various errors (and if windows with errors do not pop up on the screen, this does not mean that they do not exist).
- During the installation and use of programs, thousands of new entries are made to the system registry, which is not always destroyed after the removal of previously installed applications.
- In the system application “Windows Task Scheduler”, programs create dozens of tasks (commands) that the system “has” to execute, even if the user does not need them at all. Thus, the RAM and the processor are loaded, which affects the performance of other tasks that the user needs at the moment.
And this is not a complete list of reasons due to which computer performance may decrease. System optimization is the elimination of these causes. This is the main task of PC optimization programs. Let’s consider the capabilities of the most popular utilities of this type and provide brief instructions on how to use them.